This is a members-only training.
Managing people can be very challenging, whether you are new to the job, or have many years of experience. This class covers four areas that are essential for every manager to know and understand. The class is appropriate for several types of managers:
- For the new manager, it provides a solid base of information.
- For the seasoned manager, it is a good refresher.
- And for the organization, it’s a way to get everyone on the same page.
Defining the supervisory role
- Transitioning from individual contributor to manager
- Defining the work environment
- Facilitating employee performance
Increasing hiring effectiveness
- Interview and selection process
- Proper and improper questions
Valuing the on-boarding process
- Orientation vs. on-boarding
- Facilitating employee retention
Using the performance management process
- Setting the organizational context
- Setting expectations
- Providing feedback
- Rewards and Recognition
This class includes activities and small group discussions (breakouts). The duration is 4.5 hours, which includes breaks and a 30-minute meal period.